Accomplishes objectives using proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, displaying, and advertising.
- Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information.
- Reviews body shop estimates to be sure the parts that are ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the estimate.
- Provides high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Locates out-of-stock parts from outside source and submits an emergency order, if necessary.
- Notifies the service advisor and the customer when special ordered parts have been received.
- Notifies the body shop when all parts have arrived and when they will be delivered.
- Pulls orders for delivery to body shop, making sure all parts are tagged with customer names and job number.
- Follows up on back-ordered parts.
- Verifies will-call and back-order files weekly and returns to vendors, or stocks those items not picked up or required.
- Replenishes assigned inventory daily.
- Performs daily perpetual inventory with documented records.
- Assists outside sales representatives with their orders.
- Assists in submitting orders, receiving orders, and shipping duties.
- Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order.
- Ability to identify and acknowledge the receipt of warranty (used) parts.
- Receives payment from retail customers or obtains credit authorization.
- Ensures that all charge sales are signed by the customer.
- Ensures that all customers receive their copy of the invoice.
- Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
- Issues and tracks requested shop tools to technicians.
- Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates and special-order parts.
- Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Solicits assigned accounts by phone.
- Effectively communicates with all other departments in the dealership.
- Works independently, managing his or her time and workflow.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Cleans computer terminals, printers, and workspace daily.
- Participates in all training programs that are made available.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Participates with the parts manager in maintaining a lost sales tracking program.
- Assist the Parts Manager in analyzing and resolving discrepancies between computer inventory and actual parts on hand.
- Contributes to managing inventory and ordering parts and works to meet customers’ needs.
- Establishes rapport with customers in person and on the phone while asking questions that help to locate the needed parts or service and any related parts required.
- Must know which parts are in inventory, require reordering, or must be specially ordered.
- Obtains the information needed to place special orders and ensures that the correct parts are sent.
- Must research the availability of certain parts, either within the retail facility or from other sources as necessary and must be able to search part numbers using the computer or standard catalogs.
- Is aware of seasonal requirements for parts that arise because of recalls or specials in the Service Department.
- Marginal Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Keeps abreast of new parts and procedures from the manufacturer.
- Ensures the proper care, storage, and inventory of parts.
The Ron Marhofer Auto Family consists of seven (7) distinct manufacturer brands (Chevrolet, GMC, Hyundai CF, Hyundai GR, Genesis, Nissan, Buick, across five (5) locations in Northern Ohio that include new and used car sales, and a full-scale parts department, service, and collision centers. We serve over 2000 Guests monthly in our sales and service departments. And are listed in the top 100 dealerships in the nation for both new and used vehicle sales.