Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer standards.
- Repair damaged vehicles as per estimate up to and including framework. Must meet all specifications of manufacturer, I-Car, and dealership.
- Checks parts against estimate and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
- Prepares vehicles for body repair work.
- Notifies management of any additional repairs needed.
- Notifies management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time.
- Maintains tools and equipment in a proper state of repair.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
- Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Marginal Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain professional appearance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- I-Car Certifications is required, Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is recommended
- Must maintain valid Driver's License that meets dealership insurability requirements.
- Must be able to sit and stand repeatedly without restrictions for 8-hour shift.
- Must be able to enter and exit vehicle with no restrictions.
- Some heavy lifting (up to 60 pounds) may be required as needed.
- Other physical duties may be assigned.
The Ron Marhofer Auto Family consists of seven (7) distinct manufacturer brands (Chevrolet, GMC, Hyundai CF, Hyundai GR, Genesis, Nissan, Buick, across five (5) locations in Northern Ohio that include new and used car sales, and a full-scale parts department, service, and collision centers. We serve over 2000 Guests monthly in our sales and service departments. And are listed in the top 100 dealerships in the nation for both new and used vehicle sales.