ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates and uses all body shop equipment properly and safely.
- Removes rust from metal, and grease and dirt from work surface.
- Masks and protects parts that are not to be painted or coated.
- Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surface.
- Responsible for final finish including filling small flaws, scratches, and pitting
- Mixes paint according to specifications.
- Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color.
- Paints surface using sprayer or brush as appropriate.
- Inspects painted units for quality of workmanship, noting any runs, sags, and unpainted areas.
- Heats and sprays wax onto products after they are tested.
- Maintains tools and keeps equipment clean and in a proper state of repair.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
- Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Responsible for finished clean Product including nibbing and polishing.
The Ron Marhofer Auto Family consists of seven (7) distinct manufacturer brands (Chevrolet, GMC, Hyundai CF, Hyundai GR, Genesis, Nissan, Buick, across five (5) locations in Northern Ohio that include new and used car sales, and a full-scale parts department, service, and collision centers. We serve over 2000 Guests monthly in our sales and service departments. And are listed in the top 100 dealerships in the nation for both new and used vehicle sales.