Compensation and benefits:
- Base pay will be a guaranteed salary paid weekly plus commission.
- Bonuses are a part of your pay and are based on achievement of business goals
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- 401k Plan with Match
- Paid training
- Vehicle purchase discounts
Successful attributes and skills:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be a team player.
- Ability to minimize and redirect customers frustrations.
- Outgoing and friendly personality with great customer handling skills
- Professional appearance
- Strong organizational skills
- Technical certification a plus
- Manufacturer training certifications
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must obtain and maintain any certificates, licenses, and registrations as required by Dealership.
Must maintain valid Driver's License that meets dealership insurability requirements.
- Essential physical duties are as follows. Other duties may be assigned:
- Must be able to stand/sit up to 8 hours at a time without restrictions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds without restrictions.
- Examine vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Must be able to enter and exit vehicle without issue.
What You Do:
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician.
- Completes 360 Inspection.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Follows safety guidelines from CDC, OSHA, and Health Department.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
Other duties not listed above may be assigned.
The Ron Marhofer Auto Family consists of seven (7) distinct manufacturer brands (Chevrolet, GMC, Hyundai CF, Hyundai GR, Genesis, Nissan, Buick, across five (5) locations in Northern Ohio that include new and used car sales, and a full-scale parts department, service, and collision centers. We serve over 2000 Guests monthly in our sales and service departments. And are listed in the top 100 dealerships in the nation for both new and used vehicle sales.